Ownx

OWNx.com

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Well everything is quiet here...the kids went to a movie and it's just
my husband and I home.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My one daughter's family could not make
because they all had the flu :(


I made a very simple stuffing with a couple bags of stuffing, salt, pepper, a couple of eggs, 8 stalks of celery chopped, onion chopped, some milk to moisten bread cubes. I first put a stick of butter into a large frying pan and sautéed the onions and celery for about 10 minutes. I mixed the bread with milk and the eggs and then poured the butter mixture over the bread cubes. I stuffed the turkey and put the other half of the stuffing in a 9x12 pan. I roasted the turkey for about four hours. (19 lb. bird)

I also had succotash, mashed potatoes, candied yams, organic green bean casserole, gravy and cranberry sauce.


No comments: